Public Policy Division
San Francisco Travel's Public Policy Division serves as the voice of the visitor in conversations with city, state, and national leaders.
Our team prioritizes community issues that impact the visitor experience. These include keeping San Francisco streets clean, ensuring crime remains low, and promoting reliable public transportation.
The San Francisco Travel Association convenes a partner-driven Public Policy Council once a month whose primary function is to promote the association's mission with respect to issues of public policy. The Council's focus includes:
- Advocating on behalf visitors to San Francisco.
- Advising and assisting the San Francisco Travel Board of Directors with respect to public policy issues that could significantly affect the interests of San Francisco Travel, its members, its stakeholders, and visitors.
- Taking positions on legislation, ballot measures, and regulations consistent with our priorities.
- Educating elected officials and other key decision makers about the vital importance of the visitor industry to the well-being and economic vibrancy of San Francisco, the Bay Area, and the State of California.
- Collaborating with other organizations whose public policy positions align with the goals of San Francisco Travel.
Government representatives are regularly invited to Council meetings to allow members direct access to and valuable time with the officials who are most directly involved in responding to the Council's concerns.
The Council's policy guidelines include:
- Promoting San Francisco and the Bay Area as a visitor destination.
- Facilitating travel to and within San Francisco, the Bay Area, and California.
- Promoting and advocating for long-term development projects that positively impact the visitor experience.
- Addressing quality of life issues and their impact on visitation.