What to Expect Visiting PIER 39
San Francisco's top attraction, PIER 39, is officially reopened and is excited to welcome visitors back to the San Francisco waterfront.
Guests will enjoy bay breezes, magnificent views, fun shopping, fresh seafood, beer, wine, and cocktails, all while sitting at new outside dining areas. The sea lions have been counting the days until they could entertain their fans once again.
While PIER 39 is open, the health and safety of guests and employees is a top priority. Due to COVID-19, PIER 39 has made significant changes in its operations to make guests feel safe and comfortable during their visit. Here is what you can expect when visiting:
- PIER 39 has reduced its maximum occupancy level to ensure that all guests can safely maintain the mandated six feet of social distancing while visiting PIER 39. New designated entrance and exit located in the PIER 39 Entrance Plaza control the traffic flow.
- Enhanced cleaning and sanitization protocols of all significant touchpoints have been implemented throughout the property. PIER 39 staff have undergone training on how to uphold these new and increased health and safety protocols.
Under the Department of Public Health and CDC guidelines, PIER 39 has implemented the required Health and Safety Protocol Program that all visitors must comply with during their visit. These include, but are not limited, to:
- All guests 13 and older are required to wear face coverings.
- Guests are encouraged to wash their hands often with soap and water or use hand sanitizer. (PIER 39 added 20 new hand sanitization stations.)
- Touchless transactions are now strongly encouraged.
- The PIER added additional outdoor seating for dining throughout the property.
- A visit to the sea lions at K-Dock will now include a designated entrance and exit along with social distancing markers placed throughout the Sea Lion Overlook viewing area.
- Hours of Operation have been temporarily modified. PIER 39 will be open 11 a.m. – 6 p.m. from Monday through Sunday.
- The PIER 39 Parking Garage is offering special discounted parking rates for guests who make reservations on the PIER 39 website at pier39.com/pier-info/directions-parking.
You can also visit the Aquarium of the Bay, which has just reopened and is located right next door. Get up close to just some of the many thousands of species who call San Francisco Bay their home, including sharks, rays, a giant Pacific octopus, and adorable otters!
Please be aware that per the current Health Order issued by the City and County of San Francisco and the Department of Public Health, not all of our businesses will be open at this time. Guests may check the PIER 39 mobile directory at pier39.com/reopening for the most up-to-date list of merchants that are currently open.Learn more about what else is open in the city.